So we all know that this past weekend was Super Bowl Sunday; (Go Seahawks!) and of course, we also know that Football on a Sunday is never complete without food, friends and buffalo wings right?! Right.
Well with this recipe, you’ll still get the same great taste of traditional wings without the cholesterol and an added serving of vegetables all at the same time. Not to mention it takes less than 20 minutes to make and uses only 5 ingredients. Yeah, I know, it’s awesome.
So while all the men on Sunday were slowly gravitating towards the couches, I snuck into the kitchen, whipped these babies up and stuck ’em on a plate with a greek yogurt based “ranch” to dunk them in. And I don’t know if it’s a guy thing, or maybe they just smelled that good… but when the hint of a delicious buffalo aroma hit the air, the guys were up on their feet and ready to eat. Completely clueless to the fact that their “wings” were actually cauliflower. (hehe!)
I’d say they lasted maybe a good 10 minutes before they were gone. At most.
~What You’ll Need~
- one head of Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of gluten free flower
- 1/2 cup of almond or soy milk
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of Buffalo Hot Sauce (I used Tabasco – Buffalo Style)
- Preheat your oven to 425 and begin chopping up your Cauliflower into bite size chunks.
- Then, grab a bowl and slowly mix the flour and non-dairy milk together until completely combined.
- After that, spray non-stick spray on a casserole dish, and lay your Cauliflower in an even layer inside. Pour the flour batter on top, and use a wooden spoon to make sure each chunk is coated with it.
- Bake for 18 minutes. (Keep a careful eye on them!)
- Whisk your hot sauce and olive oil together in a bowl and wait for the oven to beep.
- Now pour the sauce over the warm casserole dish, and evenly combine everything.
And that’s it! Plate them up with your choice of dip and sides, and watch in awe as your guests munch, munch, and munch and occasionally lick a finger or two. The best part is, their completely vegan and no one will be able to tell.